Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Adventure Updates, Refer A Friend, and Patch 3.2

Its been over a month and a half since my last post. I have been really busy with alot of other things, especially work and also playing with a new friend. So, lets get up to speed.

Refer A Friend - Over a month ago, I finally was able to drag my best friend into playing World of Warcraft. She spent the last couple of years playing Final Fantasy XI. I used the Refer A Friend program to bring her over. I created a new character, my second paladin, Mahoro, to level with her. Mainly for the triple experience. I also use my main character to run her character through the dungeons. We only play once or twice a week. But she does play on her own and when we do play together, she grants me levels to catch up with her. She has 6 characters already with all except for 1 character over level 20. Her main character is already 44 last I checked. We have a goal of reaching Level 60 by 9/9/09, because that's how long our accounts are linked for the triple exp bonus. All in all, she is now addicted and enjoying the game better than FFXI.

Characters and Leveling - I haven't really been doing much with Baki this past month, except for the occasional raid with my guild when they are not busy trying to complete Ulduar. Here are some good accomplishments.

1. Raiding - As stated my guild is trying to complete Ulduar on 25 man. Unfortunately I could not come for 2 reasons. One - not completely geared enough yet, and 2 the raid times start too early while I am still at work. There are some nights when they schedule a Naxx 25 or and Uld 10. I can get into those. My first foray into Ulduar was short. Only made it as far as Flame Leviathan. Got the "Shutout" achievement. But unfortunatly the MT had to go. I did kinda felt I was robbed of a good run. Hopefully I can try again soon. 2 weeks ago, we did a 25-man Naxx. Almost had a full clear but called it on Saphiron. Did get a couple of new T8.5 pieces for my tank gear. And that's pretty much it for raiding.

2. Questing - Whenever I can, I try to do my dailies to get my gold up. I still suck at jousting on Argent Tournament, but last night, after trying every week for the past month. I finally passed my champion test! I got the "Of Stormwind" achievement, and since I am exalted with Stormwind, I got "Exalted Champion of Stormwind" title. I hooting and cheering when I finally did it. I got my squire pet, 10 champion seals, and new dailies. Looking forward to doing these dailies.

Thats pretty much it for Baki. As for my other characters, they are slowly coming along. I stopped leveling my Hunter at 60, and my Shaman until 3.2 comes out, so they can start Flying. My DK, Renachan, is doing dailies and cleared her first Heroic Dungeon, Violet Hold last week.

Patch 3.2 - as I write this blog entry today, Patch 3.2 Call of the Crusade is being released today. I was looking forward to this new patch for several reasons.

1. Mount Changes - Now you can get a mount at lvl 20, epic mount at 40, and Flying mount at 60. That is awesome for my alts. It makes it so much easier to level.

2. New Dungeon - The Argent Colosseum is a new dungeon that is also a raid instance as well. Also, there are new tournament dailies, but unfortunately, unless you have the Crusader title, you can't do them.

Those are the only 2 things, I am looking forward to. Although I will have to wait until after work to start experiencing them. There is also a new Battleground, but I don't care about that since I don't do PVP.

With this in mind I have new goals for Baki:

1. Get the Ambassador title. Reason - Step one for getting Crusader title. Be Exalted with all Alliance Factions.

2. Get Exalted with Argent Crusade. Reason - Gets me the "Argent Champion" title, another step for Crusader.

3. Become champion of other Alliance cities. That may take awhile, but it puts me closer to...

4. Get Crusader title. Reason - To do the 3.2 Argent Tournament quests.

So, that's it for this post. Hopefully I won't take too long before I post again. Have a nice day and have fun with 3.2!

1 comment:

  1. My advice for doing the champion dailies is the get the champion writs rewards from the dailies. You can buy an item from whatever faction you are a valiant with that grants you 250 rep. Do the valiant and Champion Dailies at the same time for more cash and rep.

    ReplyDelete